Saturday, October 4, 2014

A 21 year reflection.

   4th of October has come to an end, I am finally 21, not sure if this is the age women usually stop at, when they are questioned their age? or is it a bit too soon, as a person that never holds on to memories I sure am very grateful for this past year with it's bad before the good. I have lost people, gained experiences, turned wounds into strong scar tissue and found happiness in the darkest of times and that to me is the absolute jackpot, I have learnt to hold on and let go both at wrong and right times and I have made peace with destiny like nothing before, emphasizing on the word "peace", does not necessarily mean I'd give in to what life throws at me for the mere idea of what we were thought to believe in, there is always a thin line between being damn right lazy and standing up and fighting for what you want and need this world to grant you, nothing comes wrapped up in a box, convincing yourself that it's not meant to be, is because you simply don't deserve it, someone out there is going to fight for it harder than you did…thou, not forgetting that sometimes it's just meant to be.


   The family I chose that surrounds me is a blessing I keep thinking of how I'd ever repay life with. The places I've been and the people I met along the way were eye-opening, I am grateful for all that I did and all that I did not do, but along the way I have understood that nothing compares to the places I've found within my heart and the sides I've discovered within the lobes of my brain. you truly understand what we humans are capable of only when we are put under circumstances we would never have imagined.

  you commit to yourself and in that comitment you grow spiritually and as a whole individual, the world becomes better when your within glows and it's like a cycle, a continuous mirror. Not forgetting change comes with acceptance, I've come to understand that even when I am uncomfortable I know in no time I will adapt and that is where the magic usually happens, miles and miles away from our comfort zones, from what society expects out of us, and miles away from what your demons tell you of yourself.

  No expectations for 21 cause no matter what we expect, imagine or dream it never happens in the exact manner it's always twisted, different or may never even occur, I go where the tides take me, cause I know that these are the waters that I've chosen, I do not want directions, I want to be lost and I understand that it isn't easy, it never was and it never will be and if I were to chose I'll take the toughest road, over and over again. because I believe in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment